Sunday, July 31, 2011

Penguins - Florence Branch, Boone County Public Library, Florence, KY

We were recently lucky enough to take Ivy to this show at the library. The Newport Aquarium brought a penguin to the Florence branch of the Boone County Library!
It was amazing! Ivy is a huge Penguin fan. She even wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up! It has been her thing for years. There was a marine biologist at the show! She got to talk to her for a few minutes one on one. She was so excited. She has since told me what the lady said about a million times. That short conversation has become a huge moment for her.
The show began with them bringing out the penguin and talking to the kids and adults about the aquarium. They talked about what they do for the penguins. They explained what the penguins do in the wild. The penguin they brought was an African penguin. At the end of the speech they allowed the kids to come up. The penguin was in a small fiber glass box. They were asked not to touch him but the could get very close. Ivy did not want to turn away long enough to even let me get this photo, lol. After I got one photo of her with the penguin I handed her the camera and let her get pictures of the penguin. She took around 50! I was shocked but she asked if I could put them on a disk for her. I was so grateful for the opportunity to give her the experience of being up close and personal with a penguin and being able to talk to a marine biologist! I would like to say thank you to not only the Newport aquarium for their people and penguin coming in but also to the library for hosting this event! I would also love to say thank you to the wonderful woman who took the time to speak with her. She will remember this day forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment