Wednesday, July 20, 2011

South Fork Park - Union, KY


South fork park is without a doubt one of my favorite parks we have visited and trust me that is a long list! There is no amazing attractions here or anything. The park is simply clean and well cared for. It is what comes to mind for me when I think of a park outing. It is small but it is never crowded. There is a large, newer play area. The half that is closest in the photo is for older children(5-12, I think). There is an area for small children to the left of it. It's a wonderland for the 2-5 set! There are swings and a rock climbing area in the center. This photo was taken from the rather large covered picnic area. There is a basketball court and sand volleyball near the playgroud. There are huge grassy areas for the kids and adults alike to run and play. I should warn you that the grassy areas are hilly. There is also a path that leads you through the woods to a small, wood bridge. I love this path for the occasional run because it is stroller accessible. One of my favorite fun facts of this particular park is the fact that they have a doggy water fountain! There is ample parking as well. I would like to state that this park lacks a proper bathroom. There is a port-a-potty but Eww, is all I can say about that! There is a Kroger's nearby if you must go and are like me, lol. The park is located in Union, Ky.

Price: Free!
Directions: Take U.S. 42 to Farmview drive (almost across from the Kroger's). Turn right onto South Fork Park dr. There is a big sign here but there is not one on 42 so watch carefully!

2 comments:

  1. New look and way new subtitle!! I like it, but I thought this was all about your travels? But now I see it's gonna include other stuff as well? hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, another "mommy blog"...

    ReplyDelete