Monday, August 1, 2011

The Importance of Charity

I wanted to stress upon my children the importance of charity! After watching a show about giving to charity my daughter, Ivy, said she wanted to do something to help people that were not as lucky as us. I said we could donate some things we no longer needed. She loved this idea! So we grabbed a couple bags and set to work. Before we knew it the bags were full. We kept going and before we knew it we had a huge pile!


Our pile!
We had toys, clothing, household items, and more! We dropped it all off at St. Vincent DePaul's. I was so proud of us! Ivy really stepped up and she was so proud. Charity is like a little candle in your heart. It warms you from the inside! I am so proud that I have passed on this joy to my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment