Thursday, August 25, 2011

Potty Time!

Bella, my 20 month old, was standing in our living room this afternoon. She started pulling at her shorts and yelling. I thought maybe they were bothering her so I pulled them up and straightened them out. She flipped out, threw herself on the floor & began screaming. I took her shorts off thinking they might be hurting her or something. She immediately jumped up and ran down the hall to the bathroom yelling "MA!!!!!MA!!!!MA!!!!" all the way. I ran after her. She started knocking on the bathroom door. I opened it for her. She ran in, took off her diaper, and proceeded to urinate all over the floor! I was standing there in shock by the series of events that had just occurred when she began to cry. I told her it was OK. I said "It's no big deal. We can clean it up. It's fine. You did a really good job!" I started cleaning up the floor. Bella just stood there. I looked over at her and she was staring longingly at the toilet. I asked her if she wanted to sit on the big girl potty. She just looked at me. I picked her up and sat her on the toilet. She was so happy, grinning at me while sitting on the big girl potty. I guess the time has come to begin potty training. Here I was worrying about when we should start training her. I guess she had other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment