Thursday, August 18, 2011

Issues with the school

I am currently having issues with my daughters' school about her brace. She is supposed to take it off to eat and have time to disgest some. She gets heartburn if she eats in it. This was the doctor's idea. I sent her to school the day before yesterday. I call and they say they did not get the paper work to take it off yet. The nurse says that she cannot take it off without the paper. I say OK I will re-call and see what I can do. I spend my lunch break on the phone dealing with this. Brace doctor's office says they will send it right out. I call at 2pm after i get out of class. The medical records lady says they have it. She says everything is ok for tomorrow. I have her read me what they wrote. It is from the right place and says the right thing. I say alright sounds like that is taken care of. Do you need anything else from me? She says no, it will be taken off for lunch tomorrow.

I call the school this afternoon a little after lunch to make sure they didn't have any trouble getting it back on. Only I get to hear that they never took it off. They have a form from the doctor stating what needs to be done but just didn't do it. The excuse was that the nurse at another school called in so their nurse had to go there and her assistant did not feel comfortable taking it off. The lady did not bother to even call me. I was off today and would of gladly came in and took it off myself. I am so angry! I told them I will personally be there at 8am tomorrow. I told her to make sure her assistant is there. I will teach her how to do her job myself. I also told her that if they did not properly take care of the situation I would be going to the school board with my complant. I told her that if a school nurse does not do a basic medical thing for a child that is part of their job I consider that neglect. I am in school to be a nurse. If I failed to do my job I know I could be hurting someone.

I am at a loss on why they would have an employee who could not perform their job. The icing on the cake however came from Ivy after she got home. She told me that when she went to the office that the nurse assistant told her that she was not taking the brace off today but it was ok because she talked to her mom already! Ivy came home upset with me. Nobody ever called me. I was beyond upset! I hoping this does not become a normal situation. I am not good at holding my temper when it comes to my daughter's health. I will end up screaming at someone.

Hoping and praying tomorrow goes ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment