Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan

I have decided to start including our weekly meal plan on here. I was inspired by the "Cooking for your family" group on Baby Center to do this. I will try to include it every week.

Monday-
Breakfast-Cereal & Banana
Lunch-Turkey Sandwiches
Dinner- Spinach Spaghetti & Italian bakery bread

Tuesday-
Breakfast-Waffle
Lunch- Salad and a hard boiled egg
Dinner-Chicken, Cheddar, & Broccoli Casserole

Wednesday-
Breakfast- Cereal and a banana
Lunch-Chicken (made the night before) & Cheese Quesadillas
Dinner- Swiss Burgers, Fries, and mixed vegetables

Thursday-
Breakfast- Yogurt & choice of fruit
Lunch- Grilled Cheese & Tomato soup
Dinner- Pork spare ribs, baked potato, and baked beans

Friday-
Breakfast- Eggs & Toast
Lunch- Vegetable Lasagna
Dinner- Mediterranean Pizza

Saturday-
Breakfast- Pancakes
Lunch- Whole Grain Mac N Cheese
Dinner- Free Choice (We tend to go somewhere every weekend)

Sunday-
Breakfast- Muffins & Fruit
Lunch- Fish sandwiches, Broccoli, and pasta salad.
Dinner - Pot roast, red potatoes, and carrots

I got fruit, tortilla chips & salsa, and crackers & cheese for snacks. I also get the kids one dessert item a week.  I let them pick. Ivy chose Baked Dutch Apple Ice Cream. It looks so good I may have to cheat a little!
If you want the recipes for anything just leave it on a comment and I will post them.

2 comments:

  1. I am curious. I am from BBC lol. I was wondering if I could see your grocery list and how much you spent on groceries? I want to really do this but I am so at a loss. I make a meal plan and a list but I never follow through because I am scared of how much it will cost. We are on a strict budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post my grocery list. I did it on $97!! I was amazed! I did have a few basics. This really helps me stay on budget. Good luck with getting started and let me know if I can help anymore :)

    ReplyDelete